Friday, September 3, 2010

Paris

Again, I've been deficient in the blogging department. Basically, I arrived in Paris a week and a half ago, staying with my brother-in-law's brother, Michel, just outside Paris, in the suburb of Montreuil. Unfortunately, I got sick with a pretty bad stomach ailment the day after I arrived, and was sick for the next five days. I just ended up staying in, and eating very little. I started to feel better the beginning of this week, and am finally back to eating normally again and have regained my strength.

This past Monday, I applied for my travel visa for India. I didn't apply for it while back in Canada due to the fact that, though a tourist visa has six-month duration, the clock starts to tick right on the day it is issued - so I knew I would be applying for it while overseas. To apply for it however, you have to hand in your passport - therefore making it impossible for me to leave France until I get it back. It takes 7-10 business days to process, so I should get it back middle of next week. Until then, I'm afraid I'm "stuck" in Paris. Poor me. To top it all off, I'm heading to the south of France this weekend with Michel and his six-year old son, staying with their friends.

Aside from that, I've just been spending my week walking around Paris, hanging in some cafes, browsing in bookshops - and speaking terrible french (I'm hopeful it will improve). Haven't really done much of any museum or sightseeing stuff. I've been here a few times before, and don't have a huge desire to do so. I might check out a couple of things next week. Summer holidays have just ended here, and maybe the tourist crowds will have lessened somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment