Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dublin

I caught a RyanAir flight from Liverpool to Dublin on Sunday night. My stay in Dublin was hampered by lack of sleep - some of it my fault, some of it not. The hostel I had booked into was located, unfortunately, right in the heart of Temple Bar - a major pub and nightlife district - and more specifically was right beside a rather large pub that played "traditional" music (the quotes are for the occasional version of Sweet Home Alabama, etc.) accompanied by the enthusiastic patrons. Not much sleep was had those first two nights. I then switched hostels for the third and fourth nights. The first night in the new hostel, however, was the night I went out on a raging Dublin pub crawl. The next day was pretty much a write-off, as a result. My own fault, I know (and the pub crawl WAS fun).

So, my Dublin activities, aside from the pub crawl, consisted of a tour of the Guinness Storehouse - which was worthwhile - and a three-hour walking tour. Roughly one and a half days of activity spread over three and a half days (!). Dublin was very expensive, by the way - more expensive than anywhere in England I've been to, including London - so if you come here be prepared to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment