Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kotor, Montenegro

And now, to recount my brief but enjoyable visit to a country many of you have never heard of before: Montenegro. Montenegro is a former Yugoslav republic and the last to gain independence - only as recently as 2006. So, I guess it's the youngest country I've ever visited. Or that anyone could visit, for that matter. I spent two nights in the picturesque (to grossly understate it) town of Kotor. It is located on a fjord-like inlet of the Adriatic Sea. Kotor's Old Town - where my hostel was located - has awesome medieval walls that surround the city and go up the mountainside. The highlight of my stay here was my hike up the wall/mountain, and the amazing views that went along with it. I was fortunate have excellent weather for this. Enough talk - check out my photos:

The old town and harbour, from part-way up the wall.
No, I'm not describing a fish I caught.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Andrew! Glad to see your still wearing shorts while I pull out my winter boots for expected snow this week in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. barf.
    so pretty it's gross!
    tee hee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Sweden yesterday we had the first snowstorm of this season, feels OK to watch your pics.
    Looking forward to read about your turkish experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic of you with your arms out was obviously taken by someone of endless photographic talent! Montenegro/Kotor turned out to be a surprise favorite stop on our trip, thanks for being part of it. Safe Travels!!

    Rand

    ReplyDelete