Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Off to Bath

Well, plans can change quick. The road trip was disappointingly called off at the eleventh hour - so an alternate plan had to be hatched. I've ended up staying in London for one more night, but today - finally - I leave London. I'm off to Bath - a short train ride to the west - on my own. I'll be staying in a hostel for the first time this trip. After staying in a flat in London for the better part of three (!) weeks, the hostel experience will be more indicative of what most of this trip will be like, I'm sure. Let the real traveling begin.

On my unexpected extra day in London, I managed to get my iPhone unlocked (for a small-ish fee) and now use a pay-and-go SIM card in it...complete with 3G data. I am very pleased. After those of you who are not into the cult of iPhone - nor are gadgety - have stopped rolling your eyes, let me explain that having the GPS map function when traveling will be like gold. Also, you'll be able to enjoy more realtime Facebook status updates (assuming you're a Facebook friend). Lucky you!

No comments:

Post a Comment