Sunday, July 25, 2010

St Ives

I traveled from St Ives in Cornwall to Cardiff, Wales on Friday. I enjoyed the relaxing five days I spent in St Ives, owing mostly to the great hostel I stayed in. As I mentioned in a previous post, it's a hostel with a guest house feel - which makes sense as it was once run as one. Two English university students have just recently begun running it as a hostel for the summer break. Damelza, as it is called (which comes from the name of the house), is a six (!) bed hostel right in the heart of St Ives. While one of the two guys running it was away this week, the other, Mitch, was an excellent host and he along with his visiting friend Ed made me feel at home. If you find yourself going to St Ives, book this place - but do so far in advance (you can find it on hostelworld.com) - with only six beds, it's bound to book up quick!

The weather cleared up my last couple of days in Cornwall. You already saw photos of my visit to St Michael's Mount. Here are some photos of St Ives and area, including a seaside hike I did on Thursday.
St Ives, Cornwall
Crowded, narrow streets, but it IS tourist season
Atlantic Ocean sunset

1 comment:

  1. Pleased that you enjoyed your visit and to hear that Damelza is a good place to stay.

    Hope you get back here soon.
    Cheers
    Steve
    http://www.stivescornwallblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete