Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Picking up the pace

Spent the weekend in Cardiff, Wales. Visited Cardiff Castle and the harbour. A nice city. Cool thing is the bilingual signs: English and Welsh. Met some people at the hostel who spoke Welsh - apparently one of the oldest European languages, spoken by, I was told, 20% of the Welsh. The hostel I stayed in (Riverhouse Backpackers) was the Cadillac of hostels. Met some cool people at the hostel, including an Australian guy (shocking, I know, meeting an Aussie traveler), Zac, who I have traveled to Oxford with on Monday. We're staying here two nights. Zac is then off back to London, while I'm off to Cambridge. No, I'm not on some university-town theme right now. I'm actually heading to Cambridge primarily to catch a gig by a guy I met in Bath. He's an excellent singer-songwriter. I missed his Bath show (it was the day I left), but it looks like I'll track him down for his Cambridge gig. After Cambridge: I honestly don't know. Perhaps Liverpool. Zac, the Aussie, and I met some Liverpudlians at the Cardiff hostel - he may be headed there as well. I've heard good things about Liverpool. And there IS a Beatles museum...

No comments:

Post a Comment