Monday, June 14, 2010

Final days before departure

Going through final preparations before I leave. A lot of loose-ends to tie up - address changes, changes to insurance coverage, getting car ready for storage, etc. It was a lot easier to prepare for a backpacking trip back when I was in my early-20s...less grown-up things to worry about.

I've done some preliminary packing, and subsequent shedding of items after realizing the pack was still too heavy. And have had some final get together with friends. Had a big gathering at the Ship and Anchor pub on Saturday night - was loads of fun. Thanks to all who made it out.

I've been so busy going through my to-do list this past week, it'll be strange to finally be on the plane, and done with it all.

My flight is Wednesday afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment