Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Heading Back To Calgary

My three and a half a week trip east is almost done. New Brunswick, Ottawa, London, Toronto, Peterborough. Sort of a cross-country farewell tour. Big thanks to all my friends who gave me accommodation and fed me. Truly felt like homes-away-from home (admittedly, the definition of "home" for me is very fluid at the moment). It was great to see friends and family.

Aside from seeing friends and family, hi-lights included:
- seeing my friend Trevor Tchir play a show with his brother Steve at the Black Sheep Inn in Wakefield, Quebec (just outside Ottawa). Check out www.trevortchir.com for more info on Trevor and his music.
- eating dinner outside on my parents deck (or in my sister's backyard) every evening but one during a 10-day visit to Ottawa. The weather was that good.
- taking the train. Love the train.
- swimming in Lake Huron (at Ipperwash) on May 30th.
- seeing the Avett Brothers in Toronto at the Phoenix Concert Theatre (see a previous blog posting).
- the Silverbean Cafe in Peterborough. Right on the river. Best cafe location ever (Yes, Paris, that includes you).  The photo below does not do it justice.


That's all for now. The countdown to the big trip is on. Gotta go...I have a plan to catch back to Calgary this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment