Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Surprise in Camden Town, and Dorset for the weekend

Time to play blog catch-up. My friend Nick had an excellent surprise for me last Thursday. We met up in Camden Town for sushi and he springs two tickets to see The Avett Brothers, who were playing that night at the Camden Palace. He hadn't realized I had seen them in Toronto (see a previous blog post) three weeks previous - but that was fine with me...I was excited to see them again. They didn't disappoint - an excellent show, and at an excellent venue. It's not actually called the Camden Palace - that was its former name - it's now called Koko, which doesn't do justice to the place. Hopefully the first of many concerts I'll see on my trip.

On the weekend, Nick was nice enough to invite me to visit his family in friends in Dorset - a two-hour train ride away. We stayed with his parents who live near a place called Hamworthy on Friday, and then with his friends Tim and Nicki on Saturday night in Christchurch. During the day we visited the ruins of the Christchurch Priory (which dates from the 1000's) and had a barbeque on the beach that evening, with the Isle of Wight just across from us.

Caught a bit of the football match on Sunday when I was back in London. Poor England.

No comments:

Post a Comment